Monday, July 23, 2012

Brew Closet

Being the OCD person that I am, I had to create a space in our house that was dedicated to nothing but brewing. I was previously sharing a closet with my son Julian, which in hindsight, was kinda odd, but oh well.

Anywho, I reworked a closet in our spare bedroom. I put in some shelves on the side to hold supplies and what not. I also using the clothes bar for hanging extra fermenters and other buckets. The floor is then used for fermentation process and other storage.

This also was done so that I could work on a way to cool down our fermenters. Since we live in Louisiana, it is too hot to do many different types of brews.  After a lot of research, I made a 'swamp cooler'. This entailed a shallow pan (a plastic Tupperware tray) filled with about an inch of tap water. I then wrapped the fermenter in a towel and placed it in the tray with water. The water then goes up the towel, and after keeping a fan on the bucket, the temperature drops to a controllable temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment